Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Blessings


Well, Christmas has come and gone again and it was another year of blessings. I had a wonderful time getting together with friends and family. I really think that's my favorite part about Christmas. It's nice to get gifts and all, but I just love the warm feeling of being with those who mean the most to you and who make you feel so loved and accepted. Two things about this Christmas really stood out to me though. First, when I was making Christmas cookies on Christmas Eve, Garren came in and said "Mama, I just love it when you make Christmas cookies. Isn't this the best time of year?" Right then I thought, he's saving a memory in his head that will last him into his own adulthood and it made me kind of teary. Then on Christmas morning, my heart was warmed by both of my kids remembering to say Happy Birthday Jesus before they did anything else. It means so much to me that I get the chance to raise both of my children to know about and to love their savior Jesus Christ. It's an opportunity I did not have as a child and I feel so blessed that God led me here almost 10 yrs. ago. I'm so thankful for everyone in my life right now, you all mean so much to me and my family. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a great Christmas. I really enjoyed our time together. I think we should make that a tradition! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete