Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday's with Bryley
Starting this past October, Bryley began taking dance classes in Fayetteville. Since then, Friday's have become our day to spend together, just me and her. We go grocery shopping together, shopping at Target, Kirklands, the mall or wherever else I might need to go that day. She is always so eager to help me shop and feels like such a big girl. She's actually like a little girlfriend. (Except for the fact that I have to help her in the potty!) She even likes to eat at the good places with me like Atlanta Bread Company and Olive Garden. (Garren always insists on McDonalds or pizza) Anyway, yesterday while we were "lunching" together at ABC I was watching her nibble on her little sandwich just talking away about what happened in dance class that day and I starting thinking what little time we have with our children this way and how blessed I felt to have every Friday with her, just mommy and daughter. It's such a special time, where we sing our favorite Taylor Swift songs in the car and just talk and laugh. It made me sad to think that I only get one more year like this before she goes off to school and together days have to be few and far between. So I just feel really blessed to have her and wanted to thank God (out loud) for giving me her and giving us so many awesome days together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rachel, I am so glad for you to share this special time with your little girl. Cherish every moment, because they do grow up fast. Just today, I went shopping for prom dresses!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!
ReplyDeleteLike Marti said, they do grow up too fast!! You are so blessed to me able to have that time with her!! And I'm jealous!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't be jealous Kenlea, you and Addy will have times like that too. Just give her a year or so and she'll be super fun to take around with you.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean--I felt so bad for going back to work, but I knew that's what I needed to do for them. I think we were together too much, if that makes sense. I do miss having them with me though....It's hard sometimes to figure out what's best. I do envy your "girl" time. I love my boys, but that mommy/daughter best friend thing sure is special......and I won't ever have it....
ReplyDelete