Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little brag session

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am NOT the lovey dovey, sappy kind of girl. But I just felt like I needed to take a minute to brag on my husband. I was thinking today about all the things he does for me and all the things he puts up with and I thought wow, I'm super lucky. Like this week for example, he shows up on Monday out of the blue with a bouquet of flowers and a large diet coke for me. Which was so awesome, because I so needed the pick me up at that time. And then yesterday I mentioned that I needed an armband for my Ipod, so today he comes in with a bag from the pharmacy (he had to pick up a prescription) and asks me to check it to make sure it was right and as I absentmindedly pulled out the prescription, I looked down to notice that it wasn't pills at all, it was an armband. I know they are little things, but he's is so thoughtful and it makes me feel great that he actually listens when I tell him things (most of the time). I'm also so grateful that he takes the daycare for me EVERY Friday so that I can take Bryley to dance and spend those special days with her or to just do whatever I need. He's always willing to jump in and help me wherever needed, whether it be taking the kids to their appointments or even just giving them their baths at night. He's always there to help and never complains. Also, why you may all find this hard to believe (yeah right) I'm not always the easiest person to love. I'm very moody and very short tempered, but he is always very patient with me and slow to anger or judge. God so knew what he was doing when he brought the two of us together and I am extremely thankful.

5 comments:

  1. That us so sweet, sounds like you got yourself a keeper! But I think Graville is pretty lucky himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I think both of you are lucky, because I am sure you ain't that bad yourself!! And aren't we all moody and hard to get along with sometimes?? I know I am!! It's great that he listens to what you are saying and it shows just how much he appreciates you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two -together- are so cute! You completely balance each other out. I'm impressed at how much Granville does listen to your needs. Plus, I think he likes the challenge of catching you when you least expect it and giving you little gifts. Could he teach a class to our husbands? It could be called "How to Surprise Your Wife with Gifts 101!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so very sweet!! You are lucky to have him as he is to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- I tagged you for a fun little game on my blog. Just go there (my blog) for the instructions. I only chose you from west fork because I figured you would pass it on to others. Have a great night! bye-

    ReplyDelete